Saturday, February 25, 2012

Korean Buffet Day




- February 25, 2012, Saturday.

I.

- My former professor, Sir Sev, asked our Korean study tour group weeks ago if we'd be available today for a small gathering. Sir and Ceej knew about this Korean buffet restaurant at SM North called Seoul Garden, and thought that we all try it out. Of course, we were excited. Who wouldn't be excited for food??

- I met the group at around 12 noon, after I rushed to North EDSA from Makati, where I received my kimono set (kimono, haori, and obi,) plus my geta (sandals,) and my yukata. Mel and Guada came moments after I came.

- I had a nice time talking with everyone, while munching on some bibimbap, and self-grilled interestingly-marinated meat. My favorite was the fat fish, because it was the lightest to eat. Too bad I wasn't able to know which kind of fish it was. The fish was lightly marinated, and luckily, cooked to perfection. Drinks and ice cream (not the Korean variant though) were inclusive in the buffet. I think it's around 600php per person.

- We ended the lunch soiree at around 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon, and decided to walk around after Sir Sev and Lexie went away. Ceej and I went home around 30 minutes later, and left Guada and Mel in SM. I carried my very heavy kimono-loaded bag to home. (See previous album for my short Japanese afternoon.)

II.

- My friend Grace texted me the other day if I'd be occupied tonight. Since I wouldn't be doing anything, she asked if I'd want to have dinner with her, Marga, and Venus. I was too excited to see Grace again, since I haven't seen her in ages after she started work. I immediately agreed, only to find out soon enough that we'd be having dinner in a Korean buffet too.

- I met Venus and Marga at around 8pm at the Gil Puyat LRT station, and went to Grace's office, where she'd be driving us to Choice Korean Buffet, located along Macapagal Avenue. (Near Dampa, and Yakimix.)

- Comparing Seoul Garden and Choice, I think Choice was superior in terms of food choices and authenticity, although the service and ambience were better at Seoul Garden. It was a bit less expensive at Choice, and although it was a bit noisier in Choice, I think I'd choose to go to Choice rather than Seoul Garden. Both restaurants had ice cream and drinks inclusive of the payment.

- We had a lot of food-burning instances, since the four of us had a really good time talking about many things, especially after all this time that we haven't seen each other. I was also fortunate enough to meet some former schoolmates too. They were a batch higher than I was. :D:D:D:D

- We left the restaurant at closing time (around 10:30) and walked around the area before riding home c/o Grace. Grace told us that she seemed to be following "slow cars" the whole day, and I told her that it was a chance for us to talk more to each other while waiting for the slow cars to move faster. Haha.

- I came home, smelling like Korean grilled meat, but I can't seem to smile at the reunions-through-Korean-buffet I've had today.

No comments:

Post a Comment