Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sudden Visit: Konnichiwa to my Kimono!!




- February 25, 2012, Saturday.

- I picked up my kimono earlier today, and I excitedly told my neighbor Charmaine about it. After I came home from my Korean buffet lunch, I noticed Charmaine online in Facebook, and asked her to come see my oh-so-expensive-but-worth it kimono set. (I spent a lot on this kimono set, but I realized that in other places, I'd only be able to get a kimono for the same amount that I paid for my kimono set. My kimono set comprised of the kimono itself, the obi sash, and the golden-lined haori with a tiger-and-dragon painting inside.)

- It just so happened that my friend Abigail was with Charmaine, so I asked her to bring Abi along, since I haven't seen Abi in a while.

- After the two arrived here, I showed them my kimono set as well as my geta, or the Japanese wooden sandals. Since I couldn't let them wear my kimono (it was a male kimono,) I let them try out my geta. They liked my geta as much as I did.

- We talked all afternoon until they needed to go. There was a beautiful sunset outside my window that time, and it reminded me of Japan's red rising sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment