Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Shmalentine's: A Date With Rehearsal




- February 14, 2012, Tuesday, Valentine's Day.

- For singles like me, today was just an ordinary day, despite flower vendors and heart shapes everywhere. I'm not really bitter about Valentine's Day, it's just that it's still not relevant to me. However, I knew I had two dates today, and I felt like a two-timer.

- After my long and stressful date with work, I had to rush off again to rehearsals an hour away from work. Fortunately, the rain decided to subside today, so it was easier to (brisk) walk to the station.

- I arrived at the auditorium around quarter to six, even five minutes later I think, and the auditorium was about to be closed. Gladly, the English teachers allowed me to have a really really quick session with my singers and musicians. It wasn't a fruitful round, but at least they were able to hear the piano. Thanks to Rachelle for fanning me too; it was really hot at the auditorium.

- We continued our practice session at the lobby, with each sector doing its job. I on the other hand dismissed the singers after a few rounds and a few workshops. Realizing that I was left with nothing to do, I just sat at a corner, and was later joined by some people, including one of my violinists, Kristine.

- I taught Kristine some techniques in playing the violin, including the beginner's nightmare, the vibrato. She seemed to have figured out how it worked after a few pointers here and there, and I'm really proud of her. Her sister Klarisse also dropped by, and I played (cough, chased) around the little kid. She's so sweet and I want to take her home.

- I left school at a shocking 8pm, when I was expecting to leave school earlier, since I wasn't really doing anything. Well, I had a rough rehearsal day, and I am still really nervous about what will happen. It's not "my" play or anything, but I just want all of us to give our best come next week. For now, more rehearsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment