Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"Day Off" Productivity Day 2: Hello Old Friend, Welcome Back to Theater




- February 7, 2012, Tuesday.

- As my long weekend comes to a close, I thought it'd be nice to make it productive and fun. My friend Renee asked if we could meet up today, so I asked her to come with me to Tutuban to do some errands with me. Renee was excited since we'd be able to window shop, and of course, we'd get ot catch up again after ages of not seeing each other.

- We met each other at CKSC at 1pm, and walked straight to Tutuban to develop the pictures my dad asked me to. We walked around and around Tutuban to look at random things, until it was time for me to get my photos.

- On our way to have our afternoon meal, I took Renee to a short detour at the Seng Guan Temple. I wanted to show her the big Buddhas hidden in the middle of Manila. I think Renee was mesmerized when she saw the big bronze/golden Buddhas, as well as the big background where the other buddhas as apsaras (fairies) seemed to come out from the wall.

- We later had a meal in Eat Fresh. Since it wasn't exactly a place where people can stay long and hang out -as in Starbucks- we went back to our alma mater to hang out at the music room. In the music room, we coincidentally saw Renee's classmate Katrina.

- Renee and I went inside a room and was startled to see my friend Mary Grace, sitting in the dark and waiting for time to pass by. Grace invited us into the room, and the three of us played around with the piano until the dismissal bell rang.

- The bulk of my late afternoon was trying my very best to make the singers sing. Volume has been their primary problem, let alone tone and rhythm, until I had a "letting go/ being free" workshop. It did wonders, apart from the clapping-rhythm workshop I gave them. As for the musicians, I didn't have a prob with them.

- Renee was kind enough to "tutor" one of the young singers, reminiscing the days when I tormented Renee and the other singers during our Ramayana days. Renee has grown as an artist, and is now currently fit to be a mentor as well. I, on the other hand, had to go to the other room to fit the costumes of some of my Ramayana actors. I was glad that they seemed comfortable with the costumes.

- I went back to the singers not long after, just around the time Renee had to leave. I had a few more rounds with the singers, and dismissed them a bit earlier, as a reward for making me hear their nice and potential-loaded voices.

- I went to see the Masquerade bit, and waited until RC, a member, finished with the dance. He asked me to train him for his role. Weird enough, most of those who ask for my tutelage are usually the ones who excel the most. I had some pronunciation and volume drills wtih him, and RC was the first person to immediately reciprocate the weird non-English sounds I've been giving as challenges to other people whom I've given the workshop to. He was able to mimic the Arabic, Portuguese, and some Greek accents perfectly. Needless to say, I gave him a few pointers while listening to him enact his part as Harold Zidler, and I was done with him in a jiffy.

- Rehearsals ended around 7pm tonight, and I still felt like I wanted to have more rehearsals, if possible. If only there was a reasonable-income-generating way to teach performing for a living for the rest of forever. Sigh. And oh well, work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment