Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh-So-Many-Things: When Your Gut Tells You To Bring Your Camera - BRING IT!!




- February 1, 2012, Wednesday.

- I didn't know why I felt like bringing my camera today, knowing that I wasn't going anywhere aside from work and after-work-theater, and there wasn't any special occasion today. I still decided to bring my camera, even if I had more things to bring today - such as my scarf and some accessories to adorn myself - since I felt like I wanted to document today's theater rehearsal.

- I wore my Tibetan shirt today, complimented by my Indian scarf, Singaporean-Chinese turtle necklace, and my yellow Buddha-bead-like necklace. I wanted to somehow match the artifact (replica) display in the conference room my office would be in today for our planning session.

- My day started out pretty bad because of my ID mishap - nearly lost it, had to go around school retracing my steps, but luckily retrieved my ID, found and kept safely by the Ateneo Gate 1 security guard. Despite this, I noticed a tarpaulin of the yearly "Jumpstart Study Abroad Fair" by one of the organizations of Ateneo (ASEC, I believe.) The fair happened to take place today, and I was excited to visit the booths, mingle with the people from different countries, embassies, and institutions, and of course, get some freebies as well.

- I visited the fair later this morning, during our planning-session break. I was surprised to see new countries that participated in the fair, most especially India. I was informed that no one was manning the Indian booth, because the embassy "lacked man power." I felt a bit sad that I wasn't able to talk to someone about studying in India (an opportunity to maybe make myself noticed,) but I still got all the brochures and magazines. All of them were interesting reads.

- Countries such as Malaysia (the most number of participants,) France, Germany, Chile (unmanned too,) Czech Republic, Taiwan (they were surprised that I knew Mandarin,) were present. Other participants included the Erasmus Mundus foundation, British Council, and others. Still, the number was still fewer than the first time I encountered the fair in 2009.

- Now, fast-forward to this afternoon, after my rejoice of being allowed to go earlier than my usual time-off. I went straight to my alma mater, where everyone was surprised by my early arrival. I had a nice time hanging out and directing some of the actors, and indeed I took some very interesting - albeit a bit disturbing - shots. The best part of the afternoon was when the current club president, Cleo, had to substitute a guy's role - the lover of our member Abi's role.

- I've been having a terrific week lately; everyday felt like a Friday, and I hope this continues until the end of the week, and the extended weekend on Monday and Tuesday due to Ateneo's school holiday. I could have brought my camera yesterday as well, since I also liked what I wore yesterday, but today's surprising and bizarre events made the day extremely camera-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment