Monday, February 6, 2012

"Day Off" Productivity Day 1: Costume Fitting, Rehearsals, Quick Dinner, Surprise Guest




- February 6, 2012, Monday.

- I was quite happy to have two days off from work, today and tomorrow, because of two Ateneo school holidays. It was weird getting up later than usual on a Monday, and I was able to get my much needed rest. Still, today's vacation was still meant for productivity.

- Earlier this afternoon, I went to Tutuban and 168 to hunt for props and costumes for the Ramayana excerpt. I was able to find nice bargains, and was able to go back to my alma mater earlier than expected. I rested my legs at the music room, played the piano a bit, and waited until the dismissal bell rang.

- The acting practice was cancelled today in lieu of the photoshoot, but I still grabbed hold of the musicians and singers for a practice session today. The musicians have improved a whole lot, while the singers needed a lot more work; they have improved too, nevertheless.

- I let the Ramayana-excerpt cast feel how their costumes looked like, and they looked a lot like the original Ramayana cast I had way back in 2006-2007. Ah, memories. :) :) :) :)

- We finished the photoshoot/rehearsals around 6:30, and I dashed off to the nearby Ersao, where two of my high school friends decided to have dinner. In between my "hi"s and "hello"s to many of the passers-by whom I knew, a pleasant surprise passed by the window I was facing at - my friend Cristina.

- I quickly urged Cristina to come in and hang out with Bless, Jess, and me, and since we were about to finish dinner anyway, hanging out won't take long. It was getting a bit late, and I knew Tina would be a bit tired from work.

- We all went home at 8pm, with the big full moon in the night sky. Apparently, today was the Chinese "yuan xiao jie," where people eat round peanut balls, symbolizing unity and the roundness of the spring full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment