Sunday, February 12, 2012

Productivity Saturday: Saving the World - A Workshop at a Time




- February 11, 2012, Saturday.

- I wanted long to have a Saturday that has loads of fun and productivity, yet not feeling that the day was too short - which is usually the case when someone has too much fun in a day. I had a long line of activities in store for the day, and I hoped that I'd be able to do all of them with much time to rest the moment I get home.

- I started the day with my weekly piano lesson (as how I usually start my lovely Saturdays,) and later headed to 168 to purchase something important. Went back to CKSC, and waited for the senior NAT-review to finish so I could practice my pianist in the music room.

- While waiting for the review to end, I went around my alma mater talking to people I saw, and observing the Amazing Race event the student council came up with. MASCKS/CKSC alumni Jan Carlo and Elton came to CKSC with their Mandarin-class students from St. Paul, since CKSC was a part of their Chinatown field trip. The three of us showed the students around a bit, until I had to go meet up with my pianist Cedric.

- Cedric and I were able to find a room in the music room and had a fruitful practice session. I left Cedric in the music room to practice after, upon Cedric's request that he be given more time to practice, since I had to go downstairs and teach the other musicians, singers, and hopefully some actors.

- My friend Renee was able to visit us again, and I asked her to accompany me to Eat Fresh to buy my take-out lunch. I gave up my lunch break for Cedric, but it didn't matter. Anyway, I was able to eat my lunch while rehearsing with the violinists and the singers.

- Renee and I had a nice time making giving workshops to singers and actresses, seemingly playing them around. It was also nice to see them improve a whole lot in a span of two to three hours. This made Renee realize, at least she told me, why I have chosen to stay with MASCKS (or teaching MASCKS rather) for all these years without pay. Sure, monetary benefits would be awesome, but this was not what I asked for in the first place. Seeing the students grow and go out of their shell was one of the most important concerns.

- After our session with MASCKS, some of us went to the college building to watch the scout-basketball finals, where some of our members were part of the scout-basketball team. Our school eventually won. Some of us, including me, weren't able to go to the college building, but went to Ersao instead to rest and eat. Those who went to the scout-basketball game eventually found us in Ersao, and stayed there with us.

- I left Ersao at quarter past 6 to go to my friend Crizeel's house to give her a mock defense for her thesis. It took me longer than expected to finish the mock defense, but at least we learned a lot from each other.

- I went home around 8, and still had time for dinner and my much-wanted rest, thankfully. I like to have days like these, although I don't think I can handle this much intensity daily. Still, a-day-a-week isn't enough to contain my performing blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment