Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Last Few Days Before the Presentation Week: PRESSURE.




- February 15-17, 2012, Wednesday to Friday.

- Wednesday was not the best rehearsal day for everyone. Problems rose here and there, and everyone was a bit disoriented. I guess the only thing that cheered me up was the singers' sky-high improvement, and meeting my high school classmate Abegail by accdient at the LRT on the way to my/our alma mater. Still, not much has to be elaborated, nor remembered.

- In contrast to a bad middle-of-the-week rehearsal, most problems were greatly resolved today. People seemed to be in a happier mood, although rehearsal-stress energies were all high. The cherry on the sweet cake today was the little kitten that kept on purring while we were rehearsing. Even after rehearsals at a whopping 8:30, the kitten kept on following us, with special interest in Cleo. Too adorable.

- Friday gave me sort of a break. I arrived at CKSC earlier, and hung out with some of the performers while the other members and Ms. Isip herself were at the gym cheering for our lead character; our lead was part of the scout basketball team. Fortunately, our school won.

- While hanging out, other members either danced around, or played around. I just sat at my corner and ate my fried rice. It was nice to see members together, and just being themselves. It was what everbody needed before a bloody-tiring rehearsal.

- Aside from that fun side, today was also serious and magical....or seriously magical day. I went to CKSC looking like an Indian priest, and so I did, I maximized my costume by giving the Ramayana-excerpt an "Indian chanting and meditation" workshop. I think it did help them improve, even a bit. I was serious today, a rare occasion, but it didn't mean that I was mean. It's just that I wanted my cast to focus.

- Things seemed to go well today, and I am nervous, but looking forward to a great rehearsal tomorrow. Great....meaning tiring that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment