Monday, February 13, 2012

Turned Out to be a Good Day After All: Rain, Stress, and Food




- February 13, 2012, Monday.

- It's easy to say why I'm not a fan of Mondays. Most people are not fans of Mondays either. Still, Monday blues were flooded with rain, plus rehearsal stress. I do love rehearsals, especially when I see the students learn, but things seemed to have crumbled down the drain today.

- I came home around 7:30pm, after another short battle with the light rain on the way home. I had a quick dinner, and received a text from my friend Dianne, asking me if I wanted to go to her house; a few of our friends were already at Dianne's house, just hanging out.

- Luckily, my parents allowed me to go despite both not being in a good mood. I hurriedly went to my neighbor Dianne's house, and was surprised to see more people than expected.

- I met some new friends in Dianne's house, and fortunately we seemed to get along with each other. I also found out that Jermyn, one of the people I met in Dianne's house, was on a short vacation from her language course in China. It was awesome that they were able to get together before she leaves for China again in a few days.

- We had Shakey's for dinner (errr, my after-dinner,) while attempting to watch a movie. I forgot the title of the movie that we were supposed to watch since we were too busy talking to each other, especially me, who was just getting to know the bunch.

- Most of us left around quarter to 10, just enough time for me to rest before going to bed, and to hope that tomorrow would be a better day for everyone. On the other hand, my roughly two hours in Dianne's house was not enough to hang out with the awesome people I met tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment